What Coffs Coast Sports Physiotherapy will do for your sport injuries
- DIAGNOSE your injury
- TIME FRAME:
How long will you be off sport?
Do you need to be off?
What else could you safely do to maintain fitness?
- MONITOR your rehabilitation and treat appropriately minimising time lost off the field of play.
- INSTRUCTION as to which exercises, stretches and strengthening are best suited to you and your sport.
- SCREENING – fully body musculoskeletal screen to identify any weakness and prevent injury.
- EDUCATION – about injury management, prevention and maximising sporting performance
Some of the more common sports injuries include:
- Ankle sprain – symptoms include pain, swelling and stiffness.
- Bruises – a blow can cause small bleeds into the skin.
- Concussion – mild reversible brain injury from a blow to the head, which may be associated with loss of consciousness. Symptoms include headache, dizziness and short term memory loss.
- Cuts and abrasions – are usually caused by falls. The knees and hands are particularly prone.
- Dehydration – losing too much fluid can lead to heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
- Dental damage – a blow to the jaw can crack, break or dislodge teeth.
- Groin strain – symptoms include pain and swelling.
- Hamstring strain – symptoms include pain, swelling and bruising.
- Knee joint injuries – symptoms include pain, swelling and stiffness. The ligaments, tendons or cartilage can be affected.
- Nose injuries – either blood nose or broken nose, are caused by a direct blow.
- Stress fractures – particularly in the lower limbs. The impact of repeated jumping or running on hard surfaces can eventually stress and crack bone.
We’re here to help
If you have experienced a sport injury lately and need immediate treatment, call the team at Coffs Coast Sports Physiotherapy on 02 6651 9622 for our Coffs Harbour clinic. If you live closer to our Woolgoolga clinic, call 02 6654 2477 today so our team can help you get back on your feet.
You can also contact us online if you don’t want to speak to someone over the phone.